Peanut is making Pasta while attempting to do her best at speaking Italian (it’s been a few months since Italy, but she’s still got it!) Hand made ravioli is on the menu today! Delizioso!
PEANUT’S EGG PASTA (3 lbs.)
450g semolina flour
450g 00 flour (or all purpose flour)
pinch of salt
1 dozen eggs
30g good quality extra virgin olive oil
1. Mix together the two flours and salt in a Kitchen Aid mixer using the hook attachment making a well.
2. Combine eggs and olive oil in a separate large bowl whisking well until combined.
3. With Kitchen Aid mixing on low, slowly pour half of the wet mixture into the flour bowl.
4. Let mix for about 1.5 minutes. Pour the rest of the wet mixture into the bowl very gradually (over the course of 1-2 minutes) looking for a conformed dough texture. You may need more or less egg depending on how the ingredients come together.
5. On a clean wooden board or table, sprinkle semolina flour and kneed the dough with hands for about 5-10 minutes (using more semolina if it’s too sticky) until dough is soft and feels like a “baby’s butt” (<<tip from Chef Guido from ICC NYC 🙂
6. Cover dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 30 minutes or overnight.
*Note: making pasta is not easy, especially if this is your first time! It is a technique that takes experience. You’re looking and feeling for a pasta texture. I wouldn’t make pasta if it was raining outside… just sayin’.
*This pasta recipe can be used for all types of pasta. Ravioli, spaghetti, pappardelle, etc. My next video will demonstrate how to roll out pasta.